How low will gas prices fall?
GasBuddy Head of Petroleum Analysis Patrick DeHaan on the outlook for gas prices.
Since the Trump administration last week lifted year-round ethanol restrictions Opens a New Window. , average gas prices have dropped more than ten cents, according to AAA.
Experts predict summer prices could even plunge below the $2 mark Opens a New Window. in some areas of the country, setting the tone for the upcoming travel season.
Here are the 10 states seeing the cheapest gas prices, according to AAA.
- North Carolina: $2.549 per gallon
- Virginia/Oklahoma: $2.521 per gallon
- Missouri: $2.518 per gallon
- Tennessee: $2.461 per gallon
- Texas: $2.452 per gallon
- Arkansas: $2.439 per gallon
- South Carolina: $2.409 per gallon
- Alabama: $2.389 per gallon
- Louisiana: $2.383
- Mississippi: $2.372